Read the case about Harvard Business School (HBS) and its record on diversity for women and ethnic minorities. HBS is responsible for 80% of all cases taught globally at business schools (~15M cases sold in 2019, ~$300M in revenue).
Major Updates & Milestones:
- Aug 25: HBS Case goes live along with its accompanying petition!
- Aug 26: Featured in Poets & Quants / Yahoo.
- Aug 31: Discussion guide questions published.
- Sep 4: Featured in The Crimson & HBS acknowledges case.
- Aug 26 – Sep 15: All HBS 2016 sections (A through J) received copy of the case.
- Sep 13 – Sep 19: Virtual section discussions (D 2016 on Sep 13) and (G 2016 on Sep 19).
- Sep 23: HBS releases Action Plan.
- Sep 23: Quoted in The Wall Street Journal.
- Oct 6: Featured Editorial in The Harbus in response to HBS’ Action Plan.
- Share the case: You can use these templates to share the case within your professional and alumni networks
- Pen your thoughts: Harvard alumni should send their thoughts to the Dean Selection Committee (reference in a November email from President Bacow). Alumni of other schools should email their University Presidents to inquire about their planned actions.
- Engage your workplace: Share the case with your direct reports, employee resource group and DEI/HR leads. The case has been shared within McKinsey, Bain, BCG, Disney, Google & other notable companies.
- Facilitate discussion: Reach out via LinkedIn or Contact Me page if your organization is interested in a facilitated discussion with your executive leadership or HR team.
Case Highlights (Infographics)