Read the case about Harvard Business School (HBS) and its record on diversity for women and ethnic minorities. HBS is responsible for 80% of all cases taught globally at business schools (~15M cases sold in 2019, ~$300M in revenue).
Major Updates & Milestones:
- Aug 25: HBS Case goes live along with its accompanying petition!
- Aug 26: Featured in Poets & Quants / Yahoo.
- Aug 31: Discussion guide questions published.
- Sep 4: Featured in The Crimson & HBS acknowledges case.
- Aug 26 – Sep 15: All HBS 2016 sections (A through J) received copy of the case.
- Sep 13 – Sep 19: Virtual section discussions (D 2016 on Sep 13) and (G 2016 on Sep 19).
- Sep 23: HBS releases Action Plan.
- Sep 23: Quoted in The Wall Street Journal.
- Oct 6: Featured Editorial in The Harbus in response to HBS’ Action Plan.
- Oct 9: HBS selects a new Dean.
- Oct 25: Blueprint / roadmap to activate social change.
- Share the case: You can use these templates to share the case within your professional and alumni networks
- Book me for training session at your workplace: Share the case with your DEI/HR business partner. Reach out via LinkedIn or Contact Me page if your organization is interested in a facilitated discussion with your executive leadership or HR team.
- Support my work: The case is 100% free on principle — critical knowledge should be free. However, if you’re in a position to support the efforts of the work I’ve put together you can buy me a cup of coffee.
Case Highlights (Infographics)